Convenient once-daily dosing at bedtime
It's important to take GOCOVRI exactly as your doctor prescribes
Do not stop or change the way you take GOCOVRI before talking with your doctor
How GOCOVRI was designed to work
Call your doctor if you have symptoms of withdrawal after the discontinuation of GOCOVRI such as fever, confusion, or severe muscle stiffness.
Take GOCOVRI with or without food
You can swallow GOCOVRI capsules whole. Do not crush, chew, or divide. GOCOVRI capsules may be opened and sprinkled on applesauce before swallowing. Sprinkle all of the medicine in the capsule on the applesauce. Take all of the medicine right away.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of GOCOVRI, do not take an extra dose. Take your usual dose of GOCOVRI on the next day at bedtime.
- Do not drink alcohol when taking GOCOVRI
- Do not use GOCOVRI capsules that are damaged or show signs of tampering
- Do not take GOCOVRI if you have severe kidney problems
- If you take too much GOCOVRI, call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- take medications like sodium bicarbonate
- have had or are planning to have a live flu (influenza) vaccination (nasal spray). You can receive the influenza vaccination shot but should not get a live influenza vaccine while taking GOCOVRI
What are the side effects of GOCOVRI?
- falling asleep during normal activities, such as driving, talking, or eating, while taking GOCOVRI. You may fall asleep without being drowsy or warning. The risk is greater if you take GOCOVRI with medicines that cause drowsiness
- suicidal thoughts or actions and depression
- occurrence or worsening of hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not real)
- feeling dizzy, faint or lightheaded, especially when you stand up too quickly, when first starting GOCOVRI, or if your dose has been increased
- unusual urges including gambling, sexual, spending money, binge eating, and the inability to control them